Ready to Rent?
If this is your first time working with us, please fill out the housing profile questionnaire so that we can get to know you and your housing preferences.
Once you fill out an initial questionnaire, we will contact you to begin the apartment search process and make appointments for viewings that meet your needs and budget.
No matter where you are in the process of finding an apartment, we strongly encourage you to begin accumulating the necessary paperwork for renting in New York City. Under this section, you will find a "Checkbook Ready" Checklist where you can check if you have all the necessary documentation and paperwork.
Are You Checkbook Ready?
In New York City, you can find, view, and sign a lease all in one day if all the parties involved come to the table "checkbook ready." As renters, you can expect to provide several pieces of information that demonstrate your identity, financial situation, and your credit history. On this page, you will find a "Checkbook Ready" Checklist where you can verify you have all the necessary documentation and paperwork.
- Proof of income
- Letter of employment
- Recent bank statement
- Pay stubs
- Old pay stubs from previous job or work-study
- New York City department of education salary chart
- You can find a copy on the DOE website
- Last year's tax return
- Should show combined income of 40x monthly rent - or guarantors may be necessary
- Guarantor's tax return (if needed)
- Cash or check for an application fee
- Copy of government Issued photo ID
- Proof of rent and/or reference letter from previous landlord
- Rent receipts
- Cash or check for security and 1st month's rent
- Multiple copies of all above documents